GUIDELINES FOR TRANSPORT OF PASSENGERS, GENERAL TRANSPORT CONDITIONS
The following instructions are about the rules which must be applied for what it concerns the transport of passengers and their belongings on Se.re.mar ships. These rules become law as soon as the passenger buys the ticket. The subject of the contract is the maritime transport as disciplined by the article 396 and so on by the navigation code and RE 1177/201 .The indication of the ship which makes the route is merely approximate because the company can decide to change it with another craft. The boat is not responsible for delays, missed or inaccurate transport execution if these events are caused by accidentals, force majeure, bad sea conditions, strikes and breakdown malfunctions. If accidentals can be dangerous for the safety of the ship or for passengers’ health, the Captain has the authority to change the itinerary. Rates and published conditions can be modified up until the emission of the ticket. For what is not provided by the following instructions, we suggest the customer to consult the rules of navigation code in effect at the time. Passengers are responsible for their baggage and the respective content of it till the moment of the disembark. The times of the crossing must be intended as purely indicative and they are calculated, in good sea conditions, by establishing the distance headlight-headlight. The Company cannot be considered responsible for delays due to port operations.
1) TICKETS To travel on Se.re.mar ships it is necessary to own a ticket, which can be bought in the sale points or by Internet. The ticket is a transport contract and passengers are reminded to keep it all along the navigation. The ticket is personal and it cannot be left to others without the agreement of the shipper. Showing the ticket to the crew allows passengers to boarding till the arrival destination. The Captain and the Authorities can deny the boarding for passengers, if there are valid safety reasons. The ticket is valid only for the single route and the date indicated on it. Passengers which, after a check, don’t respect the previous instructions can be subject to fine as explained in the paragraph number 4. Ticket cannot be refunded if it has not been used in the date and the time indicated on it.
2) LOST AND STOLEN TICKETS In case of theft or loss of the ticket, the passenger is reminded to report it to the Authorities and to the Company. The passenger will have to show to the Offices of the Company a copy of the statement of the charge and pay what he has to get another one. If the lost or stolen ticket is not used within 6 months from the date of the departure indicated on it, the Company will provide to refund it.
3) PASSENGERS LACKING OF TICKETS OR PASSENGERS WITHOUT TO RIGHT TO OWN A TICKET
A passenger who does not show his ticket to the crew, a passenger who gets a reduced-price ticket with no right, a passenger with a ticket indicating a different destination from the chosen one, will have to pay a fine as specified by the local law, n. 13 13/08/1999 (the fine corresponds to an increase of 100 % compared to amount of the ticket and, anyways, it has not to be lower than € 77,47). If anyone board without a ticket, it has to inform the crew so that they will provide to make it. Buying a ticket on board implicates an extra addition of € 10. If the passenger does not communicate the lack of the ticket, it will have to pay a fine. The Company can implement all the measures regulated by the local laws for the ones who take advantage of its services.
4) PRICES Se.re.mar prices can be checked on the website www.seremar.it or in the ticket offices. Children less old than 18 must be accompanied by adults. Babies less old than 1 year do not pay but they must possess a free ticket (called Infant Ticket) to enjoy the insurance coverage. The inhabitants of the islands or the commuters can enjoy special prices to travel. To get a “Resident Ticket” the passenger has to show the ID when he buys the ticket. The ticket and the ID must always be showed to the crew for any check (at the moment of buying the ticket, at the check-in, at the boarding, during the travel, at the disembark). Owning a ticket does not allow the passenger to break the rules, the local laws or the Government Acts. The Company, by its ticket offices and by Internet, can sell tickets also in the days that precede the departure, but the customer will have to pay an addition for the reservation.
5) THE BOARDING The passenger must reach the boarding place at least 15 minutes before the departure: the Company can deny the boarding for passengers who arrive late if safety conditions are in danger. The passenger must reach the boarding place with the ticket. Passengers with Online tickets must make the check-in before boarding. The passenger must respect the laws for what it concerns the transit on the dock, conforming to the written indications or to the orders of the mooring men, he must have a respectful behavior with regards to the other passengers, the crew, and he must also respect the safety and hygienic rules. It is forbidden to throw objects on the ground or into the sea. It is compulsory to respect the queue when boarding without trying to go beyond. Every breaking of these rules will implicate a warn from the crew or Police intervention.
6) BEHAVIOR OF THE PASSENGER ON BOARD When the passenger is on board, he must keep an appropriate behavior, avoiding any kind of offence with regards to other passengers, and he must also respect the safety and hygienic rules. The passenger shall not soil the seats or the furniture of the ship, shall not throw objects on the floor or into the sea. Passengers can enjoy the hygienic services on board without causing blockage and guaranteeing an appropriate use. During the navigation, all passengers must respect the orders of the crew. Every passenger can occupy a single seat. The Company will prosecute the offenders with any mean.
7) LUGGAGES Every passenger can take with him just one baggage and the maximum size allowed is 50 x 35 x 20 (cm), and it cannot weigh more than 9 kg. For extra baggage and for the ones which exceed for weight and size, the Company applies special prices whose entities are determined depending on the obstruction and the weight of the extra baggage. The Customer is expected to verify by himself the size of the baggage. Every baggage which does not respect the maximum size allowed is marked with a sticky ticket which is given to the owner at the moment of the purchase. The Company or the crew can deny the boarding of baggage which are considered dangerous for a good navigation. Every complaint regarding baggage damages or losses caused by the ship will be treated as specified in articles 412, 413 e 414 Navigation Code, Capo III, Sez.I. (the refund is for a maximum of euro 6,2 each baggage for each kg).
The complaints regarding losses or damages for what it concerns baggages must be written on a specific form and given to the board when disembarking, or the request must be considered invalid. The crew can help the passenger with baggages during the boarding and the disembark, even though the porterage service is at the expense of the customer. The unattended baggages are shielded by the Company for a maximum period of 30 days. When the period of 30 days ends, the lost baggages are given to the Mayor of the district where the recovery has taken place. Anyways, the crew or the Authorities of the port are able to inform the Police so that every kind of measure can be applied.
8) PETS It is possible to board pets on Se.re.mar ships, if the following rules are respected: -every passenger can board just one pet; - the animal must be considered a “pet”. For pets we consider: dogs, cats, birds; - the size of the pet must be small or medium: the boarding can be denied for pets of bigger sizes, or, as an alternative, it can be accepted if it does not cause a disturbance for other passengers and if it respects the safety and hygienic rules; -dogs must be kept on a leash and must wear a muzzle; - the necessity of boarding a pet will have to be said at the moment of the purchase of the ticket; -the passenger will have to pay an extra-charge for pets, as indicated in the Table in the appendix section; -it could eventually be asked to passengers, at the moment of boarding, to show to the crew sanitary certifications about the health and the vaccination of the pet and the certification must not be antecedent to 3 months from the issuance. In case of non-observance of the previous rules, the passenger will have to pay a fine.
9) DEPARTURE DELAYS- TRAVEL INTERRUPTION- ARRIVAL DELAY Suppression, departure delays and travel interruption are disciplined by articles 403, 404, 405 of Navigation Code. The arrival times must be considered as indicative and they could be modified in consequence of sea conditions, port traffic, Authorities restrictions or other reasons which do not depend from the Company. If it is possible to prove the responsabilities of the ship for a delay, it will be refund the difference between the cost of the hydrofoil ticket and cost of the ferry ticket.
10) DEPARTURE SUPPRESSION- CHANGE OF ITINERARY- SHIP PROBLEMS In case the departure is cancelled by the Company for reasons which cannot be ascribed to the Company, the Customer will get the cost of the ticket refunded. In case the departure is suspended for reasons that can be ascribed to the Company, in case the travel cannot be assured with other ships of the Company, or if the passenger does not accept to travel in different routes, the price of the ticket is refundable. The compensation of damages ascribed to the suppression of the departure, if not exceeding the double of the clear price, will take place only if it will be proved. Same thing for what it concerns change of itinerary or times determined by causes ascribed to the ship and for whose the passenger refuses the ride.
11) REFUNDS The contract, once concluded, cannot be solved by the contracting party. The Company, as specified by article n. 400 of Navigation Code, allows the passenger, who does not want or who cannot take advantage of the ticket, of the possibility to get a refund to the following penalty conditions: -Tickets cancelled 10 days before the departure will be refund for the 90%; -Tickets cancelled 2 days before the departure will be refund for the 50%; -Tickets cancelled 48 hours before the departure will not be refund; -Tickets with special prices cannot be refund. If a passenger refuses to travel and wants to get a refund, it will have to send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org . Refunds will take place via brank transfer. The estimated amount of time the refund takes is about 30 days from the date of the request.
12) CHANGE OF TICKET Change of times and date of tickets can be accepted by Company only if there are available seats and only if the request takes place 1 hour before the departure. However, the change can be realized within given limits for what it concerns the working time of and the Ticket Office. Modifying a ticket will cause an extra payment. If there is a difference between the price of the previous ticket and the price of the new ticket, the passenger has to pay it. The change of the ticket can happen only if the chosen departure is available on the time schedule, while it is not possible to change a ticket for an extra-ride. The original ticket will have to be shown before the change.
13) REFUNDS The contract, once concluded, cannot be solved by the contracting party. The Company, as specified by article n. 400 of Navigation Code, allows the passenger, who does not want or who cannot take advantage of the ticket, of the possibility to get a refund to the following penalty conditions: -Tickets cancelled 10 days before the departure will be refund for the 90%; -Tickets cancelled 2 days before the departure will be refund for the 50%; -Tickets cancelled 48 hours before the departure will not be refund; -Tickets with special prices cannot be refund.
14) CHANGE OF TICKET Change of times and date of tickets can be accepted by Company only if there are available seats and only if the request takes place 1 hour before the departure. However, the change can be realized within given limits for what it concerns the working time of the the Ticket Office. Modifying a ticket will cause an extra payment. If there is a difference between the price of the previous ticket and the price of the new ticket, the passenger has to pay it. The change of the ticket can happen only if the chosen departure is available on the time schedule, while it is not possible to change a ticket for an extra-ride. The original ticket will have to be shown before the change